Grid: Change featured image size
Our Grid plugin applies a 3-column thumbnail grid layout to selected categories on your blog. The blog post thumbnails appear like this:
By default, the featured post's image automatically crops to a portrait image, with dimensions of 720x980px on Retina. However, you may wish to change this depending on your photography and typical featured image. Here’s how!
- Install the Simple Image Sizes plugin.
- Go to Settings > Media, and you’ll see a list of all of the special sizes registered by the theme and plugins.
- Change the settings for the em-grid size to your preferred dimensions, and save.
- Next, you’ll need to regenerate the thumbnail sizes for the featured images in your featured post. Make sure you have installed the Regenerate Thumbnails plugin, if you haven’t already. You were prompted to install this plugin upon activating your theme, so you may already have installed it.
- Then, follow the steps listed in this article to regenerate featured images for all blog posts.
After the process runs, your featured images on all Grid plugin archival pages will update with your new image sizing, and newly re-cropped images!