ISSUE: Scripts not working throughout my theme
If you notice that scripts appear to not function properly on your site, please check that your browser is not running any ad blocker software or extensions.
Scripts are pieces of code connected to many third-party plugins, apps, and services (as well as some of our in-house plugins!) which must be functional in order for those plugins and services to work properly on your site. The use of browser ad blockers can can interfere with these scripts.
On occasion, customers have contacted us reporting the following items not working:
- Inability to check out and complete a purchase at empressthemes.com
- Third-party affiliate widgets, such as those from ShopStyle Collective or rewardStyle do not appear at all
- Note: this is different than the issue of only shortcodes appearing
- EmPress Newsletter Pop Up plugin does not fire on exit intent as desired
- Instagram feed via Smash Balloon Social Feed plugin does not appear at all
- Note: this may also be due to misconfiguration, or issues with old Instagram plugins previously recommended with our themes
If you have tried troubleshooting the above issues with other methods and nothing seems to be working, please check that your browser is not running any ad blocker software/extensions. These types of programs may be interfering with the scripts needed to run your site and all the desired features.