Icons supported in the social media links menu
All <em>press themes offer a social media icon menu, with "smart recognition" of the most popular platforms. In the designated area of your theme Customizer, simply add the URL for each of your social profiles, and the theme will automatically output the corresponding social media icon.
WHERE TO ADD/EDIT SOCIAL MEDIA ICONS
Rania, Presidio, Miramar, Brevier, Archer users:
Social icons in your theme can be edited by going to Appearance > Customize > Additional Menu Options. There, you will see a series of fields prompting you to input URLs to your various social platforms. It looks like this:
Pearl and Hayes users:
Navigate to Appearance > Customize > Header Options > Social Media. Here's what it looks like:
Simply paste in the URL to your desired social media platform (e.g. https://instagram.com/empressthemes), and our theme will recognize the platform and insert the correct social media icon (in this case, the Instagram icon). This is demonstrated in the short video above!
In our Pearl and Hayes themes, use the up and down arrows to easily change the order of the links.
SUPPORTED SOCIAL MEDIA ICONS
- BlogLovin’ (displays a heart icon).
Additionally, in Pearl and Hayes, the following icons are also included:
- Contact (paper airplane icon)
SHOP, SUBSCRIBE, AND EMAIL CONTACT ICONS
Many users may wish to insert icons for their Shop or Subscribe pages. Similarly, the fields will recognize certain words as part of a URL.
- For a shopping bag icon: pasting /shop behind any URL will add a shopping bag icon. For example, if you have a page on your blog called yourblogname.com/shop, simply paste this URL into the field, and the icon will appear.
- For an envelope icon: pasting /subscribe behind any URL will add an envelope icon. So, if you have a page on your blog called yourblogname.com/subscribe, simply paste this URL into the field, and the icon will appear.
- To add your email: You can also add the envelope icon by pasting in mailto:youremailaddresshere into a field. This will also be recognized, and correspondingly generate an envelope icon.
You will need to have these pages created, so that you can direct readers to the appropriate place. You can create a new page for a Shop or Subscribe page by going to Pages > Add New. Be sure that the Permalink for the page reflects the URL structures listed above.