Installing recommended plugins for your theme
Because many of our customers switch from one theme to another, we recommend running the Regenerate Thumbnails plugin once you have installed and activated your new <em>press theme. This will run a process that resizes your existing images, so they fit or scale within your new theme.
NOTE: In older versions of our themes, we also recommended installing and activating a specific Instagram widget plugin, for users who wish to feature their Instagram feed in a blog sidebar, interstitial, or footer. In the summer of 2019, many Instagram plugins became unusable on WordPress, due to changes in Instagram's API and the access they give to plugin developers. If your theme download prompts you to download the WP Instagram Widget plugin, please read this Help Desk article for workarounds.
TO INSTALL RECOMMENDED PLUGINS:
1. Upon theme activation, you will be prompted to install our recommended plugins. Two plugins will be recommended to you:
The Regenerate Thumbnails plugin is for bloggers with existing content. It will resize your thumbnails according to the image sizing for Miramar. The WP Instagram Widget is for bloggers who wish to display an Instagram feed in the site footer.
If neither of these apply to you, click the Dismiss this notice link — the plugins are not required to run the theme! If you would like to make use of one or both of these features, click on Begin installing plugins to get started.
2. This will take you to a page where you can install and activate one or both plugins at the same time. First, check the plugin(s) you wish to install and chooseInstall from the Bulk Actions menu, then Apply.
3. Wait for the confirmation screen, then click the link to return to the Required Plugins Installer.
4. Next, check the plugin(s) you installed and choose Activate from the Bulk Actions menu, then Apply.
5. Wait for the confirmation, then be sure to click the link to return to the dashboard. This will ensure that no other WordPress page tries to return you to the Required Plugins Installer Page, which could cause an error if you’ve already installed and activated all recommended plugins.