How do I assign Grid to my categories?
TO ASSIGN GRID TO CATEGORIES:
1. Once installed and activated, simply go to Appearance > Customize and look for the EmPress Grid tab.
2. Select which categories, when clicked in a menu or elsewhere on your site, should load the Grid layout. That’s it!
Here’s a short video showing you how to do this:
If you do not see categories in the EmPress Grid tab, it means you do not have any categories set up on your site. You can learn more about categories in these two articles:
- The menu feature at the top of Grid naturally feeds in sub-categories of the parent categories you check off. For example, if you had a parent Beauty category, with sub-categories such as Hair, Makeup, and Skincare, those three sub-categories would appear at the top of the Grid layout when a reader clicked on your Beauty category.
- In other words, for any parent category using the Grid layout, we recommend creating sub-categories for that category, if you want the tab menu to appear.This helps your users drill down into your past posts to find content that is especially relevant to them.
- Images in Grid not sized properly? Try installing and running the Regenerate Thumbnails Plugin. You can select it to run Featured Images only, which will speed up regeneration time. This should resize all images to the proper size. Here’s more info on how to run this plugin.